Thursday, July 26, 2007

Shallow Seas

Finally, a finished object!  Well, sort of.  At least it is fiber that is finished being spun...  It is Shallow seas and it is destined to be a pair of longies for the Fluff Factory auction.  I think it turned out pretty well!  Here's a photo:

Shallow Seas - 2

And here's the closeup:

Shallow Seas - closeup

Neither of them really show the colors correctly, but oh well!  I had the same problem with Mystic.  It seems to be the blue.  Last time, the blue hid the purples.   This time, the blue is hiding lavendar, violet, aqua, and teal (although if you look REALLY closely you can kinda see it here and there -- just barely! LOL)

But I'm trying to post more frequently, and it's the only thing I've had time to finish! 

Our "debut" went smashingly :-D.  Lamar, especially, had a VERY good day.  I did pretty well too.  But I knew many of my items for this time around would be a bit less likely to be purchased.  I had more handspun and fiber (shhh.... I was hoping they'd just attract attention to our opening!).  I'm never expecting the fiber/handspun to overtake yarn dyeing, just augment it.  In the mean time, I'm still dyeing yarn as well!  I love dyeing... I have fun regardless of the medium (although I will admit to a certain soft spot for fiber :-D.  But that's the spinner in me!)

3 comments:

Annalea said...

Hmmmm . . . dyeing more yarn, you say? How about some BFL in shaded colors like the Rubina's Blue Sky Happiness? (I know that'd Indigo, but I love the way it's just one color that goes from light to dark and back again.) Burgundy, peach, sage, cream . . . mmmmmm.

I wish there was enough of that BFL sock yarn to make a shawl. (Stop me, somebody . . . or maybe don't. ;o)

Spiffy Knits! said...

Hey! I'm meme-ing you! Check out my blog!

Annalea said...

Okay, Lea. I'm calling you out of blog silence. Hope all's well with you and yours!