Thursday, April 12, 2007

Easter Treats

Well, I did manage to complete the Easter stuff (just barely!). I started planning on two eggs, but Cassie was having so much fun playing with them that I kept going and made 4. Besides, they were quick and fun, and I still had plenty of scraps left!

So, then onto the peeps (I planned on making two originally). I thought it would be fun to try a boucle b/c then it would look "fluffy", but of course, I didn't think to get one beforehand! So on Saturday, the only real option was Michaels and some cheep acrylic boucle (which, btw, was a PITA to work with!) So, of course, I only had the patience to finish up one of them... I will admit, I think it turned out pretty cute, but definitely not worth the hassle!

So, here are the final results. First, the whole easter basket (including a bunch of plastic eggs -- one of Cassie's newest fun toys!):

0412-1

And next, just the peep and eggs:

0412-2-1


Next, while I was picking up the boucle, I decided to get some sugar and cream to try for a washcloth. I never even thought to try knitting a washcloth until I saw some of Carole's beautiful washclothes. The one that especially inspired me was a lacey heart washcloth (again from smariek's blog). So, now that I finally had pink cotton yarn, I decided to try it out. Again, I used my lovely font that I found to create a chart. Here's the final product:

0412-3

I think it turned out pretty well. And despite my usual dislike of cotton, this was a small enough project that I didn't mind it at all. Plus, I think it only took 1/2 a skein, so I may be able to get a second washcloth out of it! Not bad for $1.60 worth of yarn! :-D

My next big event -- I received my first Zen String Fiber Club fiber! It is BEAUTIFUL!!! It's called Pomegranite, and it's a bamboo merino blend. Of course, being the callous woman that I am, I cast aside the Iris BFL to try it out. It really is lovely! I have visions of a beautiful fingering weight with the shimmer of the bamboo and the subtle color variations throughout. Here's a shot of the fiber:

133_3307

And here's the small bit that I've had time to do so far:

0412-4

All I can say is Yumm!!!

Otherwise, I'm still plugging away on the Icarus Shawl. I've made quite a bit of progress, but nothing really significantly different from the last photos.

Hopefully, this time next week, my Zen String co-op yarn will be at Sarah's, soon to be on it's way here :-D Can't wait!

2 comments:

Annalea said...

Wow. Gorgeous fiber . . . I can't wait to see what it turns into. :o) And my kids want some eggs and peeps. lol Gotta run . . . I love seeing what you're up to! Thanks for the pics and inspiration. Have a wonderful weekend . . .

CraftyCarole said...

oh my! our blue eggs *could* be made from the same stuff, but I know they aren't. I also have some wool I died that looks exactly the same solorway as the one with thw lavender and orane. Too funny you caansee a peek of it in the pic with thestuffed baskets in the red one. I love the ZS fiber you got (I'm so jealous LOL) the xloth looks GREAT! I love her designs. She has 2 cable scarves I want to make Persephone and Ariel the boucle seems like thw knitpixks crayon that i used....a bit of a pain but cute and soft!