Monday, February 5, 2007

Just a few quick pictures with details. It's late and my hubby is pestering me to go up, but I wanted to get these up!

Just for a comparison, this is the Forest Canopy Shoulder Shawl (reminder for myself -- I did one extra repeat and would probably make it a few more next time. I'd prefer it a bit larger...)


Slow but steady progress on the targhee. I'm loving the colors. They don't show up that great on here, but I can't wait to see how it turns out. But it is definitely going to be a while! I still have at least 7 or 8 more ounces to go (I'm guessing I've done somewhere between 3 or 4 ounces, and I started with about 11). It still hasn't told me whether it wants to be a two or three ply. I'm going to probably sample it sooner or later to figure that out.
The newest pair of Perfection Pants... I really do love this pattern. And I've gotten it to the point where I know exactly how many stitches I need to get the "perfect" fit on Cassie. This time, of course, I'm using BFL... Wooly Wonders by Nada, even! I don't know their supplier, but they have the most gorgeous BFL I've ever found. I'm also proud b/c this is one of my first "dye jobs" that I'm happy with the results. I started out doing space dyeing, and I just can't seem to get the knack of that. So I switched to crock pot dyeing, and I finally got something I'm happy with!

Finally, my newest project. Another shawl, this time from Folk Shawls. The color came out really sucky in both pictures -- it's blues and greens... it looks like a dark ocean. Here, they look more like grays.
This is destined for a friend. I wanted to make a prayer shawl for her that would also work at keeping her warm. But when I started the "traditional" approach (i.e. 3 knit, 3 purl, flip and knit the purls, purl the knits), I hated how it looked. So I searched for something that said "prayer shawl" to me. And this did -- I'm not sure why, it just did.

This picture is a better representation of the actual pattern. Still hard to see unblocked, but at least it doesn't look like a giant ruffle-y snake!
It's actually the Feather and Fan shawl (from Iceland). Plus the "wave" look seemed to match the blues and greens of the yarn. I'm using Cherry Tree Hill's Potluck bulky 6 pack. I loved the idea of it being a surprise. At first, I thought I'd have plenty leftover for other stuff, but I'm not so sure now! I hope there is, if only b/c I can't imagine a 1.5 lb. shawl!
The interesting part of this shawl is that you knit it from the long edge. All I can say... casting on 350 stitches with a bulky yarn could qualify for the 9th circle of hell!

1 comment:

sarahspins said...

I decided to do my shawl with 4 extra repeats.. I may decide to do more when I get that far. I'm halway through the 12th now, and I've only used up about half of my yarn (maybe not that much - I should weigh it), so I am sure I could go a little further than the extra 4 if I wanted to. I can't wait to get my wheel and get spinning again.. but I decided to take this week (and perhaps next) to organize my stuff and knit a little more. I want to finish that shawl and make some progress on the LR afghan, and take control of all the clutter my projects create!